Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Visiting Ann Arbor


JP Belipago (Belgian IPA)
This last weekend I visited Ann Arbor to take in a Michigan basketball game. Anytime I'm in Ann Arbor and I have the time, I like to visit a few of their fine breweries they have dowtown. This time the group decided on two. We first hit up Grizzley Peak for a sampler and a pizza. The food there is delicious and the beers are solid as well. Their dry Irish stout on nitro really stood out as a favorite for me. I was also impressed by their Pale Ale. They had some specials on tap as well. One was a Belgian Dark ale called the Titanic. I thought it lacked a little body but was a decent offering.

Next we traveled down the road to Jolly Pumpkin. This has become a favorite spot of mine and I try to eat here as often as possible. Their food is some of the most outstanding in AA. The beers are bad either. I split a pitcher of the Belipago IPA with my buddy while my wife had the North Peak Siren Amber Ale. I really like the Belipago because it's a very drinkable beer and won't destroy your palate after one glass. I also asked for taster of the Noel de Calabaza but I don't think the server brought the correct one to me. I've had Noel before and loved it but what I had was much lighter and more sour. Still very good but not what I was looking for. The now have Furry on tap as well, which is my favorite Black IPA, but they didn't have it while we were there.

Next time I would like to visit Wolverine's new location and taste some of their lager offerings.



No comments:

Post a Comment